The Administration Division provides oversight for the
- Financial Management
- IT Management
- Human Resources
- Office Management
- Payroll Processing and
- Financial & Statistical Reporting for the Hamilton County Public Defender
The Division is accountable for the preparation and administration of the annual budget for the Office of the Public Defender, including meeting budget goals, MOU provisions and requirements through control of the budget expenditures.
Additional duties include:
- the authorization of obligations, purchases, expenditures & payments;
- development and maintenance of accounts payable and receivable systems;
- establishment and implementation of accounting or auditing procedures;
- filing of State Public Defender Expenditure Reimbursement, Caseload Activity, Budgetary and Performance Activity reports; and
- providing office management support to legal divisions and coordinating the qualifying of clients within state eligibility guidelines.
The Division monitors and controls the IT equipment maintenance and replacement along with the application maintenance and enhancements in conjunction with the County’s contractors Conexio and ProWare.