Hamilton County Public Defender Office; Cincinnati, Ohio, Municipal Court Trial Counsel, April 2008 to present
- Handle all phases of criminal cases: initial interview/arraignment, ongoing advice/counseling, pretrial motions, trials, and appeals
Hamilton County Public Defender Office; Cincinnati, Juvenile Court Trial Counsel, July 2007 to April 2008
- Handled all phases of delinquency cases, as well as representing adults in child support contempt matters
Solo practice; Cincinnati, Ohio, 1992 to 2011
- General practice of law with emphasis in criminal and civil litigation, as well as in fields where criminal convictions have significant collateral consequences, such as family law. Starting in 1999, Mr. Waggal was a contract attorney for the Hamilton County Public Defender Office and handled numerous felony, misdemeanor, juvenile and GAL appointments.
Associate Attorney, Law Offices of Edward J. Utz, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1984 to 1991
- General practice of law with emphasis in criminal and civil litigation, subrogation, collections and bankruptcy (both creditor and debtor representation)
Researcher, Law Offices of Thomas R. Kerr; Covington, Kentucky, 1984
Special Assistant, Manley, Jordan and Fischer, LPA, 1983
- Duties included research, investigations and organizing exhibits for major antitrust case.