Ms. Benge is a 2004 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. She was admitted to practice law in Ohio that same year.
From 1999-2001, Ms. Benge taught middle school special education in Baton Rouge, LA and was a member of the Teach For America 1999 South Louisiana Corps.
Ms. Benge has been with the Guardian ad Litem Division since January 2005, serving as an Attorney Guardian ad Litem, Attorney Training Coordinator, and now Assistant Director.
In the Guardian ad Litem Division, Ms. Benge
- serves as a court appointed guardian ad litem for children who are the subjects of Dependency Court complaints alleging abuse, neglect, and/or dependency.
- is qualified, under Rule 48 of the Ohio Supreme Court’s Rules of Superintendence, to serve as a Guardian ad Litem.
- serves as a parent surrogate for children on her caseload who receive special education services, completing required training through the Ohio Department of Education.
- received a Golden Gavel Award in 2009.
- serves on the Collaboration for the Education Success of Children in Foster Care and the Cincinnati Public School Special Education Workgroup.
- has created and delivered trainings to the Guardian ad Litem Division and community partners.
- directly supervises seven attorney guardians ad litem.