- Gather and present mitigation
- Perform assessments and provide psychosocial write-ups
- Connect clients to community-based services
- Support clients and families
Ms. Dotson initially worked as an intern for the juvenile division under a Federal Grant for Holistic Defense to assist the Hamilton County Public Defender Social Work Fellow and Mitigation Specialist in advocating for individualized outcomes for youth. Following her internship with the Hamilton County Public Defender, she went on to intern at Envision Partnerships, where she assisted the organization in assessing and mediating student-family conflicts in the Butler County Juvenile Court and provided life skills education in classrooms at Butler County Middle Schools. Subsequently, she performed clinical research in the emergency department at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, with a focus on HIV and Substance Use Disorder treatment, prevention, and education.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Summa Cum Laude, University of Cincinnati, 2021