Mr. Nazzarine is a 2004 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. While there, he was elected Executive Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review, and graduated 6th in his class.
Upon graduation, Mr. Nazzarine clerked for one year for the Honorable Robert G. James, United States District Court Judge, for the Western District of Louisiana.
After returning to Cincinnati in 2005, Mr. Nazzarine joined the law office of Sirkin, Pinales, Mezibov & Schwartz. While there, Mr. Nazzarine represented numerous clientson an extensive array of legal issues at the trial and appellate levels in both federal and state courts throughout the country. He worked on several high-profile First Amendment and other constitutional law cases, as well as maintaining a practice of criminal defense cases and civil matters, with a particular emphasis on civil rights and civil liberties.
In 2009, Mr. Nazzarine became a partner in the firm, which was then renamed Sirkin, Kinsley & Nazzarine. He continued to work predominantly in the areas of constitutional law, criminal defense, and civil liberties, at both the trial and appellate levels in various state and federal courts.
In 2011, Mr. Nazzarine split with his firm and accepted a position as a staff attorney with the Law Office of the Hamilton County Public Defender, where he remains to this day.
In addition to his practice of law, Mr. Nazzarine was an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law from 2005-2010, teaching classes in Habeas Corpus and First Amendment Law. Prior to that, Mr. Nazzarine had an article published in the University of Cincinnati Law Review. He has also sought public office as a Libertarian, running for a seat in the Ohio House of Representatives.
REPORTED AND OTHER NOTABLE CASES
- Ohio v. Green, 2013 Ohio 1197 (Ohio App. 1st Dist. 2013)
- United States v. Rozin, 664 F.3d 1052 (6th Cir. 2012)
- United States v. Fuller, 584 F.3d 132 (3rd Cir. 2009)
- United States v. Gallion, 679 F.3d 355 (6th Cir. 2012)
- Lightborne Publ’g v. Citizens for Cmty. Values 2009 US Dist. LEXIS 28098 (SD Ohio 2009)
- Ohio v. Grinstead, 194 Ohio App.3d 755 (Ohio App. 12th Dist. 2011)
- Ohio v. Hancher, 2010 Ohio 2507 (Ohio App. 2nd Dist. 2010)
- Rowe v. Carlisle Twp. Bd. Of Zoning Appeals, 2011 Ohio 395 (Ohio App. 9th Dist. 2011)
- United States v. Evil Angel and John Stagliano, D.D.C., 729 F.Supp.2d 222 (2010)
- United States v. Extreme Associates, 431 F.3d 150 (E.D.Pa; 3rd Cir., 2005)
- Condon v. Wolfe, 310 Fed.Appx. 807 (6th Cir. 2009)
- Reliable Consultants v. Abbott, et al., 538 F.3d 355 (5th Cir. 2008)
- Free Speech Coalition v. Ashcroft, N.D.Ca.,
- Mitchell v. Brunsman, 2010 US Dist. LEXIS 142606 (SD Ohio 2010)
- Plaza Group Props v. Spencer County, 877 N.E.2nd 877 (Ind. App. 2007)
- Buckeye Liquor v. Ohio Dept. Health,
- Liberty Media Holdings v. Various John Does, S.D.Ohio
- Indiana v. Jantzen, Clark County Indiana
- Wagers v. United States, 6th Circuit; US Sup. Ct. (cert denied)
- United States v. Duane, 533 F.3d 441 (6th Cir. 2008)
- United States v. Paul Little, 365 Fed.Appx. 159 (11th Cir. 2010)
- LM Entm’t Inc. v. Mt. Sterling, 2009 Ky.App.Unpub. LEXIS 571 (Ky. App. 2009)
- Ohio v. Moore & Szekeresh, Ham. Co. Municipal Court,
- Idaho v. Elliot, Idaho Sup. Ct.,
- Ohio v. Flannery, 176 Ohio App.3d 181, (Ohio App. 1st Dist. 2008)
- Phan v. Leis, 2006 Ohio 5898 (Ohio App. 1st Dist. 2006)
- Ohio v. Chance, 2006 Ohio 3622 (Ohio App. 12th Dist. 2006)
- United States v. Haj-Hamed, 549 F.3d 1020 (E.D.Ky, 6th Cir. 2008)
- Curry v. New Richmond, 2010 Ky. App. Unpub. LEXIS 677 (Ky. App. 2010)
- Ohio v. Dute, 2003 Ohio 2774 (Ohio App. 1st District 2003)
- Ohio v. Harmon, 2008 Ohio 4378 (Ohio App. 1st Dist. 2008)
- United States v. Lapsins, 570 F.3d 758 (6th Cir. 2009)
- Deer Park Inn v. Ohio Dep’t of Health, 2010 Ohio 1392 (Ohio App. 10th Dist. 2010)
- Virginia v. Embrey, Virginia Court of Appeals
- Ohio Dep’t of Health v. Deer Park Inn, Ohio 10th Dist. Court of Appeals
- Ohio Dep’t of Health v. Brass Pole, Ohio 10th Dist. Court of Appeals
- Thompson v. Cincinnati, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60549 (SD Ohio 2012)
- G.B. v. Rogers, 703 F.Supp.2d 724 (SD Ohio 2010)
- Deer Park Inn v. Ohio Dep’t of Health, 185 Ohio App.3d 524 (Ohio App. 10th Dist. 2009)
- United States v. Hardin, 437 Fed.Appx. 469 (6th Cir. 2011)